Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting Ready for Trek

On Saturday morning, we drove to Salida, Colorado to begin our Trek experience. Before we checked in, we had our last greasy meal at Sonic and a last minute stop at Super Wal-Mart. Andy and I grabbed some snacks for our trip (beef jerky, cashews, granola bars) as well as some other necessities. When we checked in, we were all oriented to the ways of Trek. We were all issued our gear as well as any group supplies that we needed to carry. I got very lucky and carried the first dinner and a fuel can. The downside was I got to carry the trash from the first dinner for the rest of the week. We all set up our tents and did a rock climbing wall. Fortunately, there are no pictures of me on the rock climbing wall. I swung a little too much after I reached the top and almost took out Zach Bradshaw. That night, we slept in tents at base camp.

Distribution of Trek gear

Setting up our girls' tent. The five of us stayed in a 4 person tent and had so much fun! Here we are still clean and smelling good.

Rebekah, Amanda, Chelsey, Savannah, and Sloan

Andy on the rock climbing wall...he told everyone he was "awkward yet efficient."

No comments: