Friday, August 21, 2009

Summit Day

On our summit day, we had to get up very early to start our hike. It was still dark outside and cold. I was not looking forward to getting out of my warm sleeping bag/cocoon. After a quick breakfast, we begin our hike to the top of Mount Antero. The sun was coming up and we had beautiful scenery along our way.

Andy and I are all bundled up for the hike to the top.
These are some cheesy pictures we took at a stop on our hike. This was the point on our hike where the trail became extremely rocky.
Hooray! We made it to the summit!
I still cannot believe I actually did this, and definitely would not have been able to without our awesome group and guides. It was so amazing and beautiful at the summit. It was so untouched by the hands of man, so you could appreciate the beauty of what God created for us to enjoy.

Amanda, Chelsey, Savannah, Katie, Rebekah, and Sloan

All the guys

Rebekah and our wonderful guide, Katie
Mommy and Daddy with our son Kendall--we love those Mayes boys!
Andy and Robbie

Here we are with the Mt Antero sign after our hike out the next day.
Wilderness Trek was a truly life changing experience. Every aspect was incredible. Even though it was physically and mentally tough, it was so worth it. I have new appreciation for certain things in life. Each day I try to see God's beauty in my journey!

No comments: