Saturday, February 23, 2008

Drew's 4 Month Old Visit

"This play gym wore me out"
Looking in the mirror at the doctor's office..."who is this cute baby?"
Hanging out on the couch


Drew had his 4 month well check on Thursday. He weighs 16 pounds and 4 ounces (78% and more than double his weight at birth) and measures 25 1/4 inches long (65%). He still has congestion from RSV, yes, two and half months later. Dr. Myers said it could last up to six months after the illness. She also said it was a miracle that he had not developed an ear infection...hallelujah! Those are never fun for little babies!

Drew is a happy baby who loves to smile and coo! It is precious. His giggle makes my heart melt. If you look at him and smile, he will grin right back at you. He is trying to play with his feet, which is so cute.

Funny story about Drew: After Children's Worship on Sunday, Andy thought Drew had a dirty diaper. I volunteered to take to him to the nursery to change him. Well, it was a huge blow out. I had to completely strip him down. Throw away his onesie. Thank goodness he had that on or church outfit would have been a disaster. I took no less than 12 wipes to clean him. I almost put him in the sink and church to spray him down. After I finally got him redressed, I decided to wash my hands in the sink beside the changing pad. When I got finished, he was completely asleep on the changing table. The whole process wore both of us out!

3 comments:

Julie said...

that's too funny! Never knew you had such an adventure right before we went to lunch! He really is precious!

The Byrd Family said...

Seet Drew...I'm so glad no ear infections!!

Segadi Family said...

Can you believe he's already 4 months old? He's so cute! You seemed to be handling the cleanup process much better than I typically do!