Wednesday, July 23, 2008

9 months old

My precious little baby Drew is 9 months old today.
Drew after church on Sunday
I love all his baby rolls!
Daddy and Drew
Mommy and her boys
Drew and Jackson can finally take a bath together. They are so funny in the tub. Jackson is splashing everywhere, and Drew just laughs.

At 9 months old, Drew is...

--waving to people and himself

--weighing 23 pounds and 2 ounces (86th percentile) and measuring 28 3/4 inches long (69th percentile)

--eating baby food 3 times a day (only fruit or cereal, unless the yellow vegetables are mixed with applesauce) and takes 4 bottles

--can pick up Cheerios and Puffs with the pincher grasp

--enjoying using his 6 teeth to chomp on baby finger foods...I love the little noise of the Cheerio being bitten into

--Jackson's #1 fan and so excited to be in the big tub with him

--loving the Jumparoo

Our 9th month birthday was a little traumatizing for sweet Drew. When I went into his room this morning to get him, he had pooped in the night and it was a BLOW OUT! Poop was everywhere. All in his pajamas (I am washing them on the sanitize cycle!). He was not very happy about the clean up that had to take place immediately. I think this was a result of the prunes and apples for dinner. Not doing that again soon! While I was getting Jackson's breakfast ready and holding Drew, he stuck his hand in Jackson's hot oatmeal. He was hysterical...poor thing! I ran cold water over it and then gave him a wagon wheel. Then it was time to load up to go the doctor's office. After being weighed and measured, the nurse pricked his toe to check his iron. He was MAD! Red face, screaming cries, etc. After talking and being checked by the doctor, he had to have his HIB vaccine (they were out of this at his 6 month visit). Once again, not happy and mad. I quickly took him to the car and he was asleep before we were out of the parking lot at 9:15 am. My sweet little baby was so exhausted from this yucky morning that he slept until 12 noon. When I went to get him, he had another blow out poop...seriously, no more prunes! And yet again, in the afternoon...more blow out poop. It is 4 pm and we have had 3 outfit changes! Drew also decided to poop during Wednesday class. Luckily for his teachers, this was contained within his diaper. For the last time...I am not feeding him prunes again!

6 comments:

The Byrd Family said...

I guess you could say, at least he's not constipated! Ha! Drew is so sweet and growing so fast! Bath times are so fun together...I think my boys would play for hours in the tub!!

Candie Bowen said...

Cute pictures! I love the first one in the wicker chair & the back-to-back bathtub picture. Sounds like you've had a poopy day! :) What fun!

LB said...

Poor Drew . . . poor you for cleaning up all that poop! Carolina actually just had her first blow out yesterday - but she isn't eating prunes, yet, either! He is so cute and happy!

Keeley White said...

Hilarious! That is the worst 9 month birthday I have heard of! Stories like that make me laugh until I think about having 2 of those little guys at the same time.

Kari said...

Great pictures!! sorry for your poopy day... The bathtub pic cracked me up...just wait before long they will be doing the splashing and getting the floor all wet together..what a mess it can be but it also such a sweet time for siblings..

I wanted to ask you about the blog that you commented on the other day at my blog..was it a Matt something blog?? I was ready one very similar and now can not find it?? I would love to get back to it..just let me know, please!!

Julie said...

been there, done that--you only make that prune/apple mistake one time!! sweet pics!!