Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What a Weekend!

Last weekend was pretty busy for me. On Friday night, I went to see the Twilight movie with some girls (thanks to April, Elisha, and Lori for inviting me). We actually went to the 9:45 pm show, which is LATE for me. I am usually in my pajamas by this time and ready to call it a night. However, I purchased a diet coke for $4.35 (isn't that price gouging) and stayed awake.
I was really excited to see the Twilight movie after reading the books. At the theater, it was crazy. Girls, only a few guys were there, were wearing Team Jacob and Team Edward t-shirts. When Edward came on the screen, girls were screaming. Overall, I liked the movie. Of course, parts of it were different from the book. They were definitely setting the stage for the other movies with a little foreshadowing. Random thought...Rosalie reminded me of Madonna and Carlisle was not handsome but creepy!
I got to my house at 12:45 am on Saturday morning and left again at 6:45 am to go to the flea market. For months, I have been saving and looking on the internet for some furniture for our "mud area" and Jackson's room. I got there early and made an order with a furniture guy and then headed downtown to meet Amy and Jenn to go to the Kelly's Kids warehouse sale. Another crazy event with women (just older than the Twilight crowd). People were hording clothes like crazy. We got some stuff from the racks and then walked around waiting for people to discard some of their finds. After that I met up with Andy to get the boys because he was going to the UT/Vandy game (finally a win for the Vols!).
On Saturday night, Andy and I went to see Quantom of Solace. Andy is a James Bond fan. I liked the movie, because there was more of a storyline than the other 007 movies. It has been since the early 90's probably that I have been to two movies in one weekend.

On Sunday, Andy, Jackson, my mom and I went to the Titans game. Unfortunately they lost to the Jets and we had to sit by some obnoxious Jets fan. Jackson was worried because Albert Haynesworth got hurt twice.

Sunday night, we had fun watching 24:Redemption with some friends. It was really good and made me excited about next season which starts in January. Only Jack Bauer could take out an entire block of snipers by himself with a handgun!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I agree with your Twilight movie comments! Carlisle was really creepy! I also wanted to get to know Alice more! The teeny boppers I saw the movie with were hilarious!

lyla said...

you made me tired reading all of that! i thought i had a busy weekend. wasn't that KK sale CRAZY??? i have to read the twilight books--everyone loves them! i really just wanted to leave a comment about jack :) i think i may be in love with him! i loved your list in your previous post!