Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Branches of Love

Yesterday, Laura Beth, Stephanie, Laura and I decorated a Christmas tree at Lipscomb University for a new project called Branches of Love. Lipscomb is now hosting an event at the beginning of the holiday season called Lighting of the Green. It is wonderful show, and this year featured Amy Grant, Phil Stacy, Lelan Statom, DLCS choruses, etc. Santa and Mrs. Claus were
also there to talk to the children. They also take donations for Second Harvest Food Bank. This year, they added a Christmas tree decorating contest known as Branches of Love. Groups decorated trees yesterday afternoon. Today, those trees will be delivered to people who would not have a Christmas tree. Our "team" picked the theme Santa Claus is coming to town. Although we did not win, we thought our tree turned out pretty good. We even had enough "stuff" to decorate a second tree. Here we are with the finished product.

Our Santa themed tree

The second tree we decorated

Here is Jackson with Santa and Mrs. Claus. He was so excited to see them! He immediately told Santa he wanted Hockey Guys, Baseball Guys, and Buzz Lightyear.

Thanks to my sweet friend Mandy for watching Jackson for me and to my dad for watching Drew so I could decorate the tree.

5 comments:

LB said...

I thought that our trees were too cute! I had fun! :)

lyla said...

how fun! cute trees :) i was so sad we couldn't go tuesday night. i had bunco (and i'm sure you know you can't miss that)! next year!

Julie said...

Love the tree!! I wouldn't expect any less from all of you!

The Byrd Family said...

Cute tree! Very creative girls! :)

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

The tree project is neat. I got the postcard for the Lighting...wish I could have been there. What a cute holiday background on your blog & love the picture of the boys. Also, please tell Laura K. hello for me.