Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cards

One of my most favorite parts of Christmas is sending and receiving Christmas cards. I absolutely love it! It is such a thrill to go to the mailbox and get cards and look at them and read them. A few years ago, I even started a scrapbook that just has the photo Christmas cards we receive.
You cannot imagine the disappointment I have felt the past few days, because I had yet to receive a Christmas card (not that I have sent mine either). However, today I got two cards in the mail...hip, hip, hooray! The Christmas card season has officially begun at the Parker house. Thanks to the Austins and the Forresters (who had super cute cards) for being the first to send me cards. I am supposed to pick up our cards tomorrow and the addressing process will begin. In a weird way, this is also fun to me:) It is a time to think about all the various people on our Christmas card list and what they mean to our family and how they have touched our lives.
So, Happy Christmas Card Season to all of you! I cannot wait to see your cards...

3 comments:

caseyandnewt said...

Good idea with a scrapbook for christmas cards. I am going to start one this year. Loved getting to see your little boy at the Lighting of the green (basketball practice) last week.

Mandy said...

Girl, I'm the exact same way! I too received my first 2 cards Monday and I was thrilled. However, I haven't picked up my pictures yet for mine....so I'm late....but I'm glad the season as begun too! Great idea on the scrapbook - all of mine are in a basket, but I love going through them each year! Happy Holidays!

kma said...

Yeah! What an honor for The Austin Family! HA!
Kelly