Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

On Father's Day, I woke up feeling horrible. Andy and the boys went to church and I headed to the walk-in clinic. I found out that I had strep throat. It was not the Father's Day celebration that we had planned. We had to postpone our festivities due to my sickness. Andy is always a great dad and rolls with the punches, so he was not upset. However, I felt horrible in more ways than one. Thankfully after a few doses of antibiotics, I felt so much better. Andy went ahead and opened his present on Father's Day. We had gotten him some gear for Wilderness Trek in July.
We celebrated Father's Day a week later with dinner at Shogun. Jackson and Drew had never been to a Japanese Hibachi grill. When pulled into the restaurant, Jackson asked what kind of food it was. We told him it was like Pei Wei but you get to watch them cook the food. He immediately pulled out chopsticks from our last trip to PW and replied, "great...I have my chopsticks." We had no idea they were still in the car.
Family Picture (notice Jackson holding his chopsticks)
Watching the "dinnertainment" as Andy called it. Jackson was mesmerized and so excited about the fire. Drew, on the other hand, was scared and wanted to sit in Andy's lap. However, he loved watching the fire at the table's close to us and would clap.
Jackson loved our chef. They talked the entire time. He was so friendly and kind to Jackson.
He even let Jackson wear his hat!
Jackson posing on the rocks outside and still holding his precious chopsticks. When we left the restaurant, he called it "Cookeville" several times. I think he got confused about them cooking the food in front of you. Look out Moe's--this may be Jackson's new favorite place to eat!

3 comments:

vergne said...

That is very cute about Jackson and his chopsticks! We ate at a place similar to that a few months and it is so entertaining for everyone. =)

Paula

Candie Bowen said...

Yeah!!! You (finally) updated your blog!!! Love all of the pix & fun times!!! A busy month!

Mandy said...

Wow - you guys have been busy! I love all the pictures...especially the new one at the top of your blog. I can't wait till tomorrow night...it has been too long since we've all been together. :)