Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Country Music 1/2 Marathon

Bright and early before the race...my shirt said "Birthday Girl" and Andy shirt said "Jack's Dad" on the front and "Drew's Dad" on the back.
Jackson is so proud of his daddy!
Andy and Amanda walked the 1/2 marathon together. This was Andy's sister first 1/2 marathon...way to go!

Andy and I did the Country Music 1/2 marathon again this year. It actually fell on my birthday again. Many of you remember 5 years ago when I ran my first marathon, 26 miles, on my 26th birthday, April 26. I am such a geek when it comes to silly number coincidences like that. This year, I ran 13 miles on my 31st birthday. Before I started training for my first marathon, I could not run an entire 3 miles. Now, I am totally hooked. Yes, it is a crazy obsession. Our next race that we plan to run is the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in California on labor day weekend.

After the race, Jackson had to use the bathroom and was determined to use the bathroom in the lockers (aka port-a-potty). They were disgusting, so he got the privilege of peeing in the grass by the car. Now he thinks he has the right to pee in the grass anytime and anywhere. Last Sunday night after church, we were walking outside to the car. I look back at Jackson and he has his pants down and trying to get his underwear down so he can pee in the grass in front of BHCC. There are never dull moments with boys!

6 comments:

Polly said...

Never a dull moment with boys!!!! Congratulations on the 1/2!

Candie Bowen said...

Congrats on finishing another 1/2 marathon! I'm ready to get "hooked" on running again also.. but it might be a while! I love all of the Drew pix-- he is such a sweet baby! I love the "pee in the grass" story-Craig let Brody pee in the grass a few weeks ago also & now he thinks he can do it whenever!

kma said...

YEAH to You 2! Kelly

Segadi Family said...

I love all of the new pictures! Yall's tee shirts were great! I love the Mother Day poem, very sweet!

Unknown said...

You go girl!! I'm running some and loving it, but keep dealing with recurring calf strains. Your boys are adorable! Have a great week. :-)

Bethany said...

Can you send me some of your running obsession in the mail? I just can't do it! Help!