Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Here is a prayer that the director at Jackson's preschool shared with us at the beginning of school. I wanted to share it with all of you. Warning: it is a tearjerker...


A Mother's Prayer

O, God, you are the perfect parent.
You know my children so well-so much better than I.
You know their inner needs.
You watch them growing and truly understand them.
You care deeply for them and love them unconditionally.
For these reasons-I ask your help in raising my children...
No, I hand them over to you.
Just don't let me get in your way.
Don't let me interfere with your parenting.
But, dear Lord, when you need human help-Use me!
When they need to hear words of love-Use my voice!
When they need comfort-Use my arms!
When they need teaching-Use my mind!
When they need understanding-Use my heart!
And when they ask about you-Use my faith!
So that they will come to know you as The Perfect Parent!
Amen
Mommy and her boys on Mother's Day

Jackson and I at his school's party for all the mothers

6 comments:

Candie Bowen said...

What a sweet prayer & picture with your sweet boys! Thanks for taking care of Brody today at Children's Church- he said that he sat in your lap for a while. :)

The Byrd Family said...

I love that prayer...thanks for sharing! Such a sweet mommy and her boys' picture!

Mandy said...

What a great picture of you and your boys! I can't believe this week is the last week of preschool. Carter has had so much fun with Jackson!

Julie said...

What a sweet prayer and precious pictures!

Ashley & Bobby said...

I love the prayer...your boys are so cute!

I have changed my blog to private, but don't have your email...If you will email me: asher58@hotmail.com, I will set you up. Sorry for the inconvenience!

vergne said...

How sweet, Rebekah! I hadn't looked at your blog in a while. What sweet pictures of you and the boys and such a neat prayer. My sister, Martha, told me that she and your brother want to take Jackson and Sophie out sometime. That would probably be pretty funny!

Paula Vergne