Saturday, April 11, 2009

Brentwood Rotary Run

Andy and I ran the Brentwood Rotary 10K today. It was definitely windy and chilly at the start of the race. My parents came and entertained the boys (or their car's DVD player did) while we ran the race through McGavock Farms, Maryland Farms and Granny White Pike. The race started and ended on the Brentwood High School track and was a good mix of rolling hills and flat stretches of road. Andy and I both did our personal best 10K times...yeah! Just two more weeks until the 1/2 marathon. We are hoping for nice weather and another fun race.

Andy and I before the raceJackson crossed the finish with Andy and then me. He was thrilled to go across the finish line.The best part about the Rotary Race is the pancake breakfast that follows. Yummy pancakes and sausage! We all enjoyed some good breakfast foods cooked by the wonderful Rotary members.

No comments: