Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

The above picture is actually from last Sunday when we celebrated Aunt Amanda's birthday at Montgomery Bell State Park. We are all wearing our "Easter outfits" so I decided to include it. Last Sunday was a trial run of the outfit selections. As you will see below this picture is better than any picture taken on Easter day. Will I ever have a good Easter picture of all of us? All I need is smiling and looking at the camera...is this really too much to ask. I am starting to think it might be. Jackson kept telling me, "I am done with pictures." Enough of my ranting...

Jackson and Drew woke up on Easter morning to find lots of surprises from the Easter bunny. Jackson was thrilled to get some puzzles, Batman pajamas, Hercules DVD, Predators sign, and a knight costume.
Drew loved his ball, Cubs hat, sunglasses, trains, and Dumbo DVD. The kid would love to always have on a hat and be holding a ball. He actually slept with his ball on Sunday night.
Jackson had to model his knight costume. Andy has been telling him stories before bed for several months about a knight named Lancelot and little boy named Jack. Jackson loves to act out the story.
Drew and Andy before leaving for church. We went to church with my parents in Columbia.
This was the only way Jackson would let me take a picture of him. He wanted to have his foot on the soccer ball.
Possibly the worst Easter picture ever taken...please look at Jackson's face!!!
The pictures were not getting any better, so we gave up...maybe next year!
After eating lunch at my parents' house with my brother and grandparents, Jackson and Drew had an Easter egg hunt. Jackson was determined to get more eggs than Drew.
Drew enjoyed hunting for eggs with Andy.
Jackson with all the eggs he found.
Drew trying to open his egg...such determination.

One more attempt at a picture of me and Drew

2 comments:

Emily Clev said...

I love the pictures!! You can tell that Jackson is like..." How many more?" It makes me smile and laugh!! I love those sweet boys!!

lyla said...

so cute! love their outfits and i am beginning to think no one can get a good family easter picture with kids--it is an impossible thing. before church that morning, mamie wouldn't even stand anywhere near lilly, much less let me take a picture. so frustrating! at least you got a good "fake" easter picture the week before!